decorative banner image

Tuition Refunds for Students Who Withdraw to Serve


Minnesota residents enrolled at the University of Minnesota or at a state college and university who voluntarily or pursuant to the present selective service law withdraw to enlist or serve in the military prior to the end of the school year for which the tuition was paid, are entitled to the refund of all tuition paid for which credit cannot properly be given. Students applying for a refund of any paid tuition must furnish a certificate from the proper officers reciting the fact of the enlistment or the induction of the student into the military service of the United States. See Minnesota Statute 137.10 Refund of Tuition to Students in Certain Cases: for MNSCU or for U of MN.