decorative banner image

Minnesota Educational Assistance for War Veterans


The Minnesota Department of Veterans Affairs provides an educational benefit in the form of a one-time grant to veterans who have exhausted their federal benefits. You can contact your County Veteran Service Officer to assist you in applying for these education benefits.

Who Is Eligible?

To qualify for this program, veterans must:

  • Provide a statement from the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs indicating they have used all benefits available under federal veterans programs.
  • Have been a resident of the State of Minnesota at the time of entry into the Armed Forces, and for six months immediately preceding entry.
  • Have some time remaining on their eligibility period for federal veterans benefits.

For more information

Students should contact the financial aid office at the school they attend or plan to attend, their county veterans service officer, or:

Minnesota Higher Education Veterans Program phone numbers:
(651) 296-2562
888.LINK.VET (546.5838)
+1.651.5560596 International